Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Author to Follow: Asa Jones

[[posterous-content:pid___1]]

When we find an author who is “doing it right” so to speak we want to share this with the world.  Take a look at this email sent to us by author Asa Jones. There are some great marketing ideas here.

 

Author: Asa Jones

The Illustrated Mind of Mike Reeves

http://www.strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/TheIllustratedMindOfMikeReeves....

 

 

 [[posterous-content:pid___0]]

 

===============================

 

Hello Nancie.

 

Thank you for your e-mail.

 

Let me fill you in with me and what I am doing, as efficiently as I can. 

 

First and foremost I am very happy with you all, I feel nurtured and frequently pointed in the right direction, as well as encouraged to do as much as I can.

 

I have 'The Illustrated Mind of Mike Reeves' and soon my children's book, which I have illustrated, will be out.  I am a busy man, but will not shy away from promoting my literary work. I paint pictures and am also self employed in 'normal' work.  But soon I am winding the 'normal' down. I am 59 this year.

 

I have frequently been in touch with Kait and she has steered me towards keeping a blog and google alerts. I am doing both regularly. I am keen on many ideas she has sent but one step at a time eh?

 

I have been very active on the internet and have just requested a review copy to be sent to a web site and am out there promoting myself. Not only blog and forums etc but contacting lots of local book stores and similar things. I have worked in sales and am not shy, but am definitely not pushy.  I come over as 'nice', for want of a better word, ::blush:: and want to achieve what I can by being just a nice ordinary sort of man.

 

I have booked myself a talk with a local book club. My next step is to contact spiritualist churches in my area, with a view of having chats with meditation groups, talking about divination, as used in my novel.

 

After this I can 'go for miles' with similar ideas.

 

I also want to be out there actively chipping away. I want to get posters in the right places. I want bookmarks tucked in similar novels on bookshelves and libraries. I want a display or two so I can leave them in the right places.  I have 25 books in stock but hope to buy another 25 soon. I am doing things with them.

 

One of my better ideas, (I do have daft ones too!) is this...

 

I live in a beautiful tourist area. Very English, very pretty, extremely historical and steeped in legend and mystery. My book uses the area and I am quite knowledgeable about all the area. My hobbies are walking with my dog (buster....a boxer...he says hello....lick lick woof!) and looking at all things historical. Especially stone circles and things.

 

The local tourist board have loads of leaflets about attractions in places like pubs, shops, tea rooms, tourist attractions etc.

 

I'm not bad on the computer but will need a professional touch, But I intend to make a 'three fold' leaflet directing people to the places used in the novel. There is a company called 'take one' who distributes them.

 

So, remember that I will have all this to do for two books. As well as fulfilling my art commitments, I sell via my web site, and three outlets locally and my own craft stall in a mill. I'm a granddad, and busy at work.

 

So...be patient. 

 

So send me an invoice and lets get going on displays and bookmarks, then maybe my leaflet, after I do a draft. My children's book is 'Tales from Thimble Hall' which will have lots of different ways to promote it.

 

Malcolm

 

 

 

 

Strategic Book Group

    http://www.EloquentBooks.com http://www.StrategicBookMarketing.com

http://www.StrategicBookGroup.com

 

ABOUT STRATEGIC BOOK GROUP

Strategic Book Group is a division of the Strategic Publishing Group, a rapidly growing publishing company that services new authors as well as helps existing authors expand their reach in the global marketplace. SBG is committed to new technology, offering traditionally printed formats as well as electronically delivered text, and has published over 2500 authors. SBG includes an innovative marketing division that is on the cutting edge of social media. For more information, visit:www.StrategicBookPublishing.com 

 

The Strategic Book Group name, corresponding logos, taglines and other service marks identifying the Strategic Publishing Group and its services are the proprietary marks of Strategic Book Group and must be represented accordingly. Other products and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

 

www.StrategicBookGroup.com

www.SBPRA.com 
www.StrategicBookPublishing.com
www.StrategicBookMarketing.com
www.StrategicPublishingGroup.com
www.StrategicBookAgency.com
www.StrategicBookClub.com
www.EloquentBooks.com
www.TheGlobalBookAgency.com
www.TheEntrepreneurialPublisher.com
www.EpubCo.com
www.WritersLiterary.com

Posted via email from Strategic Book Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment