Thursday, October 28, 2010

All you need to know about David Strumfels, Author of " Wondering About "

Dave Strumfels’ About Me Bio


David Strumfels, Author of “Wondering About”

To learn about David, visit his Author’s Page at http://www.amazon.com/Wondering-About-David-Strumfels/dp/1450018491/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

 

All you need to know about David Strumfels

 

I was born and raised in Levittown Pennsylvania, just north of Philadelphia.  That’s right – a suburban babyboomer child.

I grew up during very interesting times.  Atomic War threat, global communism, the various assassinations of the sixties, the space race and moon missions, Nixon, Watergate, and many others.  But my home life was fairly calm.  As the youngest of four boys, I was the favorite son – only my younger sister might have been more favorite.  I was raised in an intellectual, artistic envrionment, with everything a young child need to satisfy his curiosity.  I am very greatful for that.

Although I went to public school of course, I found I never liked school.  I always wanted to learn what I wanted, when I wanted to, and how I wanted to – traits true to this day, by the way.

One of the things I’ve discovered about is that I have Asperger’s Syndrome – a form of high function autism, the members of which are often quite and even higly intelligent.  This was I did well in school even though I hated it.  But it also made much of my life a struggle because I couldn’t fit in with other people, couldn’t make friends, be part of the team, and other social struggles.

I have always loved nature and science however, and think my Asperger’s has had a large prt to do with this.  I also found at a young age that a I have natural gift for writing and some other arts.  I am glad that, after all these years, I have finally managed to merge these traits into WONDERING ABOUT.

Oh, I am a professional chemist by training, and have done a lot of computer programming in my life.  But my first love has always been writing, and I intend to do more of it.  My next book, entitled The Third Row, is about the periodic table and the nature of atoms, bonds, and molecules.  It should be out soon.  And I have others in mind.  Be patient.

Posted via email from Strategic Book Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment